Pull up a seat and have a steaming cup with me as we discuss issues central to the west-indian community, the african-american community and the LGBT community.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I feel bad...


For Jessica Simpson.

I'm watching her on GMA right now and am saddened by the fact that she's obviously she's falling apart. Not that she's ever been completely on top.She's someone who's never seemed to have found her exact niche. She tried 'pop' music and did okay but never quite snagged the golden ticket. Then, she tried acting...no need to even elaborate on that debacle. She has a shoe line and that 'dessert' line..what is it?make-up?lip gloss? something like that?..But I've never heard of anyone being trampled in line trying to pick up either of them. I mean,the best thing she ever did was to marry Nick Lachey who actually seemed to love her under-achieving butt. But she messed that up so now where does that leave her?
Well now dear ole' Jessica is trying her hand at country music. Umm.. according to what I'm hearing right now, it's not going too well. The song is boring and worse, she sounds horrible.She seems to be straining and is completely off key. It seems like everything on stage is literally falling apart right in front of her. Her mic went out for a good 15 seconds, her earrings fell off and she had to stop right in the middle of her second song twice because she couldn't hear her audio. What she was wearing looked like something I've seen my grandmother wear to afternoon tea and it looked better on grammy! Poor girl..don't get me wrong, I don't wish any ill will towards her but her album comes out tomorrow and I predict a nice,round 1,000 copies sold in the first week. Good luck Jess!

No comments: