Pull up a seat and have a steaming cup with me as we discuss issues central to the west-indian community, the african-american community and the LGBT community.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Best Days

You may remember this song from Hollywood week on American Idol or if you watch the Sundance Channel they use it from time to time on promos. It has exploded recently and I understand why because Best Days makes me feel really good even on the worst days. It reminds me that life's short and right now, not in the future, not in the past but right now... these are the best days of our lives! I need that message from time to time. So here's Best Days by Graham Colton.

With everything I've ever done I'd give it all to everyone For one more day
Another night I'm waking through Another door I walk into I can't break
And it's a winding road
And it's a long way home
So don't wait For someone to tell you it's too late Cause these are the best days
There's always something tomorrow So I say let's make the best of tonight
Here comes the rest of our lives
I count the steps The distance to The time when it was me and you It's so far gone Another face, Another friend, Another place, Another end, But I'll hang on
And it's a winding road
And it's a long way home
So don't wait For someone to tell you it's too late Cause these are the best days
There's always something tomorrow So I say let's make the best of tonight Yeah, let's make the best of tonight Here comes the rest of our lives Rest of our lives
And it's a winding road It's a long way home So don't wait For someone to tell you it's too late Cause these are the best days There's always something tomorrow So I say let's make the best of it Don't wait Cause no one can tell you it's too late Cause these are the best days
There's always something tomorrow So I say let's make the best of tonight Yeah, let's make the best of tonight We'll make the best of tonight Here comes the rest of our lives

No comments: