Pull up a seat and have a steaming cup with me as we discuss issues central to the west-indian community, the african-american community and the LGBT community.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Day Late and a Dollar Short...


The funniest thing happened. Funny Hee-Hee, not funny HaHa. You see, I promised to launch this blog on the 5th which was yesterday .But for some reason, I was thinking that yesterday was the 4th and TODAY would be the 5th ! Isn’t that funny? Well maybe not. Forgive me.
I guess I was just too caught up in all the excitement of Super Tuesday.

I have to admit. Even though I’m not an American citizen and therefore cannot vote, I find this election riveting. It’s history making and record breaking. Right about now, had I been born American, I’d say something like, ‘I’m proud to be an American’. But since I’m not, I’ll say, ‘ I’m just proud to be a …citizen of the world.’ As messed up as it is, as sick as our planet has become, we all have to be proud that we exist in a time when either a woman or an African-American man could soon be the new leader of the free world. Isn't that something?

Well, with that said…welcome to Coffee Will Make You Black. I’ll be your cafĂ© host E. Because I love you, all the coffee’s on me and there are always free refills. We’ll learn more about each other as time goes on. I’m excited about that.

Coffee’s on…

No comments: