Pull up a seat and have a steaming cup with me as we discuss issues central to the west-indian community, the african-american community and the LGBT community.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stand by Archuleta

I don't want to brag but .... I did pick the amazing David Archuleta out of the pack of idol wanna-bes wayyyyy back during the Hollywood audition days when he sang, Heaven by Bryan Adams.

His incredible voice stood out to me then and he's done nothing but impress me since. Last night was no exception. In fact, last night was probably my favorite performance so far. The theme was songs that had been inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Each contestant sang two of those songs but my favorite from David A. was Stand by Me by Ben E. King. 


All I can say is....this young man is blessed and I think he has a bright future ahead of him in the music business whether he wins or not. But we'll find out soon enough if he did. After tonight they'll be down to the final three! Go David A. !

No comments: